Tuesday, September 6, 2011

When God Speaks?


The last 3 years of my life since graduating from Tennessee State University have had its share of ups and downs. However through it all, I realized more and more about myself. I've realized that sometimes in life you have to walk away from things you love cause you found something else you love. I've learned that no matter how much you care for someone that doesn't mean they care for you the same. In fact the most important thing I've learned is love.



It might sound strange but I finally know what love is and what love ain't. Look I've read 1 Corinthians 13 and each time I read it, I thought I knew what love was but it wasn't until the last 3 years that it all applied to me.



    1 Corinthians 13
    Love Is the Greatest
     1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;[a] but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.
     4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
     8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages[b] and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when full understanding comes, these partial things will become useless.
     11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.[c] All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.
     13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.



As you can see love is not fairy tale, it isn't perfect but it is rather imperfectly perfect. God's love for us is what love is. Love is forgiving and forgetting but most of all love never gives up, never loses faith and is always faithful which is why it endures every circumstance and every situation. Love does last forever because God lasts forever. Thus, love is about having full understanding of one's life and the lives of others meaning while you might not agree with the direction others are taking in life, it is not up to you to judge their will. Love is a powerful force that does not lie, nor does it take for granted the little things in life. Love is enduring and it is God's way for us.



Thus as I look at the last 3 years of my life, I went from being in a relationship for 2 years that I thought I found the love of my life but God showed me that our love was not for each other because we were unequally yoked. Then I went to an even farther more equally yoked person who only helped me to get over the girl I was with for 2 years. Now after going to Basic Training and AIT Training, I have now met a God fearing woman who loves me dearly. A God fearing woman who is quick to remind me of my faith as well as why I do what I do which is for God.



Thus while some might say, how is that love, well when God speaks and puts someone in your life who completes you, who has the same horoscope sign as you, who has the same blood type as you, who is of the same faith as you, who's strengths are your weaknesses and your strengths are there weaknesses. All the while, your mom instantly loves her based off one conversation and her mom loves you based off one conversation than it is clear that it is love indeed. Love is not blind, nor is it rushed but it is timed perfectly by the heavens above.



God's love for me has been a work in progress. Thus this love to the woman I will spend the rest of my life with has been a work in progress for 26 years and 8 months. So as I prepare to deploy in December, my love for this woman will only grow so the time is now to commit my all and give my all to the love of my life, the woman I plan to be with forever and ever. God knows love and puts love in your heart instantly, it is not a game nor anything to play with and clearly I love her and she loves me which is why God spoke to me to propose when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment