Thursday, September 2, 2010

Am I a Self Serving Leader or a Servant Leader?

This is the question I have to ask myself the next 30 days as I have just completed the book, the Servant Leader. Effective Leadership starts on the inside. Servant Leadership starts with a vision and ends with a servant heart that helps people live according to that vision. One of the things to being a servant leader, I must have faith in unconditional love because it is proceeded with confidence grounded in trust. I must accept that I am unconditionally loved. "For God so loved You, he gave his only begotten son, Jesus Christ."

I need accept and realize that I can't win enough, accomplish enough, write enough, control enough, have enough to get any more love--I'm already got all the love there is. This is so powerful and once I accept that I'm unconditionally loved, then earthly things won't mislead me. I've discussed this issue before but unconditional love is one point I need to reach in order to be a servant leader for God which in turn will allow me to figure out the meaning of love, which is accepting that unconditional love is there no matter what I or anyone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment