Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Understanding Holiness

Yesterday at Bible Study, I learned what holiness is and what is expected of those who are holy. One thing that kept coming up is that those who are holy must be willing to listen to the Lord. Those who are holy have to be obedient and as I look at it, I know I have not been obedient in the past and God knows that. However just because I was one way before, doesn't mean I have to be that way now. It is the now that matters and how we responded to our past that God is concerned about. I know my past is muddy but despite it all, I know some consequences are coming my way for my past misdeeds but God knows I am remorseful for it and I feel bad for it.

This is why I am trying to make up for it to those I have hurt as well as to those I encounter going forward because that's the only way I can do it. I don't have a time machine to go back in time to change the entire situation or circumstances but I can make the present better as I understand the holy life I am embarking on. My holiness is not predicated on one person or thing in my life but it is predicated on what I do and don't do from the moment I joined the kingdom of God.

Thus,  this is a pivotal point to figuring out the meaning of love which I know begins and ends not in mankind but with God who bears the fruit of love and teaches us as mankind what it is and has showed up love throughout our existence in his kingdom. From David to Job, we have read about God's love in the Bible and now I am just figuring it all out because I always had it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment