Friday, September 24, 2010

Greatest Challenge

One of the people I follow I twitter named @NinaBrown tweeted the following:
My gr8est challenge is to love others the way GOD loves me... even when they R not so Godly. Far frm mastering this, but I will keep trying.

It made me think and I knew I needed to hear that because that is one of the challenges I am dealing with as I try to figure out the meaning of love but I do understand love begins with God though. I realize more than ever that I could not have loved anyone in my life since I didn't love God first. That's why I know I was edging God out of my life by putting people and things above God and that should never happen. That's why the worst spirit to ever come out of me came to take out the last bit of what I cherished more so than God.

Now as I learn what love is and I know that love begins with God, I am learning to care for me the way God cared for me. I know that love begins with serving and a servant heart is the ultimate form of love because God served us. Thus, I must serve even those who are not Godly and I must pray for those who are Godly that they serve each other because that's what God wants from us. This is what love is about and like my twitter buddy, I have not mastered it but I am trying and will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment