Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Forgiveness

Yesterday at Bible Study, the word forgiveness was the theme and it made me think to myself about why I started this blog. A part of the reason why this blog was started was find forgiveness within myself and correct the mistakes I made in regards to relationships and love. So with that said, I am leaning heavier on the Lord to forgive me and to show his will of love because love comes from God and forgiveness is a part of God's love for us. Therefore when people ask to be forgiven for something, it is suppose to wipe away a person's sins and misdeeds meaning never to bring it up again.

However we as human beings might say we forgive someone but we don't forget. However God shows us that you can't forgive someone without forgetting because when you forgive, you forget a person's past deeds. Forgiveness erases all memory of a person's past and gives them a clean slate that is why forgiveness is a cornerstone to building relationships and mending fences. I know I have accepted forgiveness in my life from God and have sought forgiveness from the person I still have feelings for. Still I know God has forgiven me but the person I still have feelings for has not forgiven me meaning they will not forget which is exactly what I expected because that's just how they are.

Nonetheless, I am stronger as a result of God's forgiveness which is why I am now seeking God's meaning of love everyday of my life and why I am writing this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment